Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Old Fashioned Christmas

So as the holiday approaches and I am in a very different place then I have been in years past........I started thinking the other day what I missed about the holidays when I was a little girl. Do you know what I miss the most? Christmas Caroling.....now I am not saying I was the best at it; but I can remember all of the family (immediate and extended) gathering at my Aunt Virginia's and having lots of Christmas goodies and then the older kids would gather all of us younger kids and take us caroling......I distinctively remember one year coming back and falling asleep to Santa's Sleigh Bells.........

Oh those were the days.......I can't complain though-I am looking forward to a holiday season spent with family and friends and re-focusing on the real meaning of the season! I have to admit that I miss Santa on Christmas morning, but my mom's hugs and hot chocolate aren't too shabby either!

So this was a little sappy-but it is Christmas damnit :) So to bring you back down to Potato reality, don't kid yourself Jess and I are planning on Hot Chocolate (with a little something something thrown in) , an awesome meal Friday night and XMAS movies-all to celebrate our holiday together!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year-2009 will be the year of the Potato I can feel it:)

XOXOX
The Queen

2 comments:

The Lane said...

tami! id love to do lunch next week!
CJC leave monday for Vail for two weeks- so ill round up Brenda and well meet you for lunch!
it will be great to see you! let me know what day works best for you!

Amanda said...

awwhh, good memories are the best. I am getting to live them through my kids now. It is even better to get to watch them love it!
Your dinner menu on Friday sound fab! Jess showed me the "potato" recipe she found for you!
Hope you have a GREAT holiday!