Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy "Thanks-gibbing"


So today is turkey day and one year ago today I was in St. Thomas and was on a snorkeling boat headed out to sea.......that's right the fam and I were on a 7 day cruise and last Thanksgiving found us out on a snorkeling excursion that was really pretty great-it was definitely a one of a kind! We actually ended up on a local private island before heading back to the boat and in true "potato" fashion I made friends with the locals on the beach at their holiday meal and grabbed some green bean casserole (hey what can I say-they weren't offering traditional Thanksgiving on the boat and you gotta get your Durkee where you can)........my mom and SB were actually exchanging "I do's" on this trip of ours and it was really one to remember-my title basically says it all-we were always greeted every night by our favorite waiters at dinner and they being of Asian decent tried their best to greet us westerners with "Happy Thanksgibbing", it was really very sweet. It reminded me of the Christmas Story and the family in the Chinese restaurant celebrating and being with family-which is all that really matters, right?! right!

I am here in Dallas this year (just arrived about an hour ago) and am with most of the family again this year-sans the step-sisters (who are doing the split holiday thang-love you guys) and the newly adopted grand-parentals-Ama and Avi:) They will all be missed at the traditional Stone/Golden feast!

As we speak the "Det's" are moving out of the old and into the new-so to speak-Casa La Bad Ass is complete and it is ready to move out of partyment-I will be back on site Saturday to help finish the transition; hey I was there all day yesterday cleaning-so I helped somewhat, you all know how I feel about the manual labor;)

So here is wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am very blessed this year and every year to have the friends and family around me that I do-It's what I am MOST
thankful for!

XOXOXOX
The Queen


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving in big D. Although I would rather be somewhere tropical, I guess it all depends on where the family is. =)

Brittany said...

Oh man, a cruise on thanksgiving sunds heavenly. Anything to get out of cleaning my house for company!