Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sac-Religious (sp?)

OK quick post here......Jess and I were watching TV last night (not out of the norm-BTW we missed Real Housewives of Atlanta-no one say what happened; we're holding out for the repeat).....anyways......and this commercial came on about mashed potatoes. But instead of it being the real deal they have supposedly come up with a substitute.......a very "homemade" substitute! They pictured this women laboring over peeling potatoes (seriously its not that hard) and suggested it was just too much work to make the real thing!

Ore-Ida ain't got nothing on the real thing!!!! And I am here to tell you, the day that plugging a bag into the microwave to make mashed potatoes becomes the "norm"-that's the day I role over in my grave and right back to the real thing!!!!!

XOXOXOXO
The Queen

PS OU/KS post and pics coming soon........pretty good stuff!

PSS I decided Jess's babies will call me "Queenie"; this will be my awesome auntie name:)

9 comments:

Schme said...

I know you have more exciting things happening in your life than instant mashed potatoes. We would all love to hear about you shackin up!!!

Jess started it.

DetJessandalltherest said...

Schme, you are starting to sound like Det.

..only with Det we get the lovely visual of the awkward hip movement, no, hip THRUST when questioning Tami on her shackin'.

(I just realized how much I hate the word "thrust" - for the record)

*shudder*

Schme said...

For the record, there was definetly token hip thrusting going on which one should imagine while discussing said shackin. Also had the arms going back an forth!!

I am sure that does nothing for your love of the word THRUST.

DetJessandalltherest said...

Haaaa! The arms, the arms! Yes - from what I can recall, Det's arms are usually sticking straight out as to steady oneself of all the thrusting motion....

Dead. Sexy.

Amanda said...

hmm as far as "queenie" I hate to tell you, but it is going to be a LONG time before a little kid will be able to actually say that. You will be "eeenie" for a long time.


As for the 2 commenters above.....uggghhhh. No more talk of the thrusting.

TheLane said...

loving the new layout!!! ;)

Schme said...

And the face. The face that is 50% desperation and 50% enjoyability. The face I call my "The wife has no idea how much studness is coming her way" look and the look she calls the "You'd better get the hell away from me with that look" look.

I had a lot of that going on too.

The word thrust isn't sounding so bad anymore, is it?

Amanda said...

ummm tooooooooo many personal details are coming out at this point. I don't know you Schme, but I know things about you that I shouldn't!

Tami said...

You know this post was supposed to be about MASHED POTATOES!!!! Not thrusting, or direction on how to do so! Thank you to Schme and Jess for the lovely visuals-and I think I am pretty sure how thrusting goes (that is a horrible word)!

UGGGGGHHHHH.........can we bring it back to PG please:)