Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What is that in the sky.....a bird....a plane.....no its a PIG!

That's right people pigs have officially flown and I think the little bastards are skating on the ice that froze hell over too! OK maybe its not that dramatic, but what I am trying to say is I have officially been asked out on a grown up date! You know the kind where the guy asks, picks a place to take you to eat, sets a time and then PAYS for the meal! Now several of you may think I am over exaggerating-and this just isn't so.........my only "dates" have been the kind where you "hang out", not really formal......this should say allot about the guys I have been "hanging out" with..........

So ya PS#1 (and that's potential spud #1, not PlayStation-I don't why I have him numbered its not like we have more than one we are dealing with at this point) has stepped up to the plate and now the real anxiety for me kicks in......you see I think I have explained before I am not a good dater-AT ALL......I get all freaked out, anxious, sweat-over just a little dinner and some manners. I really think its just an unknown situation for me so I really don't know how to act and the control is no longer in my hands-which is a huge problem.......so anyways.......PS#1 is a really nice, guys guy that used to be an old neighbor of mine and I ran into him Saturday evening over in my old 'hood. Jess was with me too but left early as I stayed to visit......he drove me home (another shocker) and that was that-well that is after asking me out to dinner and i decided to take another route and accept an actual invitation.

Here's where I bring you all into this........I am going to post about all the anxiety leading up to this date on Friday at 7:00pm. And I have already kicked myself......Amanda/Jess get ready to smack your faces.....last night as he gave me the details about picking me up and so on, the picking me up threw me off, so I decided that I would tell him I would meet him at his house and we could go from there-he was like that is kind of weird-and I was like why, and he said well TD (his nickname for me) call me old school but normally a guy picks a girl up when they go out to eat-see what I mean, I am no good at this..........but I don't feel bad for him I warned him I was weird, difficult and allot of trouble......he just said he didn't mind, he liked me just as I was and he'd see me Friday........I am in trouble-BIG trouble!

XOXOXOX
The Queen

BTW: for you inquiring minds-I am going to Charlie Newtons-although he offered a another place that had great wine (since you know I love wine), but I opted for comfort food-figured I would need it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

HELL Yeah!! I am soooo excited for you!
HMM Good choice with Charlie Newton's. Jess and I were talking about that place last week, she said "ohh that is the potato qweens place. they have steak and potatos" and I must say a very grown-up place!
Can't wait to hear about the date with PS#1!
PS - The wine will help with the nerves! =)
and way to go PS#1 on the picking up the girl thing, very classic LOVE it!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Weelll welll welll ....well. Now, you have been on dates before, potato. :)

This is exciting news in spudland. I mean, really. Let's just hope Brian isn't there whenever he picks you up.

I am very hopeful about this! ANDOVER, babay. -Andover 4evr. (now, when is Holmes gonna learn abuot this?)

Schme said...

Alright people, sit back because I have a few comments about this one.

First, just so I have it straight, that is 7:00 pm, Friday, at Charlie Newtons? Don't worry it's not like I would show up and do something silly!

Second, remember that he is the lucky one to take you on a date. Remember this during the evening and you will shine.

Third, and I am just throwing this out there, but what does TD stand for? Because, and I am sure Brian will back me up on this one but, TD is in reference to touchdown or a score. So if you don't want me to show up on Friday night, I would like a personal email from PS#1 confirming the validity of said nickname.

Fourth, have a great time.

Schme out!