Friday, August 22, 2008

Eharmony.....sharmony...(that's not a word btw)!

Ok so here it is my thought on Eharmony......you should know I have had my own experience with this site and it wasn't what it was described to be-nor was it beneficial...now I don't need any hate comments from those people who have found their "true love" and been married, yada yada yada. I am just a single chica who signed up for this crap over 2 years ago now (and was only on it for 6 months because that's what my mom bribed me with-she is more desperate for me than i am).......anyways......everytime i see one of these commercials i can feel something inside of me start to tense up; I mean not like a nervous tense, its more like a "where is the closest thing i can fling at the TV" tense.

I think this thing is a joke; they play on peoples emotions, get you to sign up for this bullshit-supposedly match you on "so many levels" and then whamo you are to find your Mr./Mrs. Right-I am here to tell you folks I don't believe that your Mr./Mrs. Right is on a website that asks you to pay $39.95 a month; I know mine isn't anyway. I know that its a way to be open to meeting more people and I should keep an open mind.....listen I have been single going on 3+years and I have heard just about everything about dating and how to go about doing it.

It should be said that I am not a good dater; I have accepted this but am still holding out hope that there is a very patient (puts up with me), morally sound (has some fricking sense about right and wrong), honest (doesn't lie about the wife he is still currently involved with), respectful (doesn't speak to me like a dog and maybe gets the door/bill every once in awhile), attractive (gorgeous:)) man that is awaiting me to complete his life. Did I mention I LOVE romantic comedies?!!!

I have been told that my expectations are too high, that nothing is perfect....and so on and so forth. But I can't help that I too was suckered into the whole "open yourself up" and joined that damn site. There are a few of you out there that know how my story with E-Harmony ended up.....to save some people's privacy I won't go into detail here; but let's just say that my 1st date (the only one i went on and accepted) ended with the nice young man informing me that he needed an organ transplant....I mean I was shocked and saddened-sad for him, sad for me; what do you do with information like that. Needless to say i cancelled my account the next day......now I am not heartless and know that this was not this guy's fault (just bad circumstances), but I took that as a sign from the gods that I was not ready to date.....let alone publicize myself on the Internet........

So yes I am still single, I am still looking, I am open to meeting someone, I am not bitter any longer and am dealing with where I am in life........with that said when I meet that certain someone and fall in love I won't be on a commercial and he will already know all of my personality/compatibility traits and love me anyway!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXXO
Happy Friday-The Queen

3 comments:

DetJessandalltherest said...

Well you certainly had a lot to say about that. yes, you will meet the king to your queen one day and put us all to shame.

Does this still mean you are out on speed dating too??

Tami said...

Hell yes I am out on speed dating....no dating unless its normal:) know what i mean?

Amanda said...

Wow!! Jess gave me a preview about the whole e-harmony thing earlier this week.
Anyways, there is someone out there that will love (almost) everything about you. (no one ever loves everything about someone)!! =)
Now about speed dating...you have to try everything at least once, it can't be as bad as the internet thing, at least you get to see the person you are talking to.