Sunday, January 3, 2010

19 days.......

It has been 19 days since my last post. There are a lot of things that can happen in 19 days; I put an offer in on a house, and it was accepted so I am in the process of purchasing now. Christmas came and went (please see Jess's post for all of our XMAS details); the blizzard of 2009 has occured and on December 29 I lost a man that meant the most to me, my papa passed away.

Needless to say it has been a whirlwind of a week since last Sunday and all of my days have been spent in Tulsa. I will tell you that I was able to speak to him via phone on Christmas night before things took a turn for the worse on Dec. 26th. He was at home and surrounded by the ones he loved in his last days and I am comforted by the fact that I was able to be with him when he passed. It has been a very emotional week and the mourning will continue for some time I am sure. I just returned to OKC yesterday for the graveside services, and then had to say goodbye to the family that I have been surrounded by this last week-and that was hard in itself. Out of one of the largest losses I have experienced has provided a new ray of light; my father-birth father-and I have been able to spend time together and start anew with papa's passing. There is a comfort that comes from the love of a father and I know that papa surely had his hand in our reconciliation. I am not sure what road lies ahead, as I never am, but I do feel more at peace than I have in a very long time. I am in hopes that 2010 will be a true year for healing in all aspects of my life.

I wanted to send my thanks to all of my friends that have sent wishes of support and love through this very difficult time. I am forever grateful for you and your love.

Again I am not sure what lies ahead for me but I know that papa is rooting me on and will always be on my side, whether he is in this life or the next.


No comments: