Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lack of Motivation......

I guess it is no secret that when you have a death in the family, and especially someone dies that you are very close with, things start to come into perspective a little more....I would say this is true for me at this point. I am having a hard time getting motivated at work and in general, I mean things that some people think are "life and death" (or act as if they are) just aren't that important and I find it hard to get all worked up about it. Don't get me wrong I am guilty of this as well, getting worked up over nothing and losing sight of what really matters......and what really matters would be your time spent with family and friends.

Which brings me to my next point, just exactly who are you surrounding yourself with these days? I think more and more I will be spending my time with those people that mean the most to me and vice versa.....I don't mean to sound all holier than though-just trying to get some life perspective......

Needless to say it has been a rough week and I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster for most of it.....I know time heals all wounds......but right now that just isn't very comforting....I am not really sure what would be comforting at this point. I am headed back to Tulsa this weekend to spend more time with granny and family, being back at the house I basically grew up in will have to bring me some sort of peace.

I just find it so weird how you lose someone so special and that had been around for so long, but then life just continues as normal.......and life is anything but normal for me without him in it.

No comments: