Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TMMO

For those of you who don't know what TMMO means, let me be the first to introduce you to Dave Ramsey. TMMO would mean "Total Money Make Over", and that is exactly what the PQ has been up to in the last 2 weeks. I am reading the book, following the plan and drinking the kool-aide :)

With "gazelle" like intensity (get the book), I am attacking debt and creating a snowball effect. I have even gone as far as listing my favorite Chanel (yes the real deal) sunglasses on Craig's List, contacted Honda about a car downgrade and asked my mom to bring the old wedding dress to OKC for consignment. I am on a mission people and it is called "The Potato Queen's Palace".

This will be the the first time I will have ever been financially independent and debt free (well this is coming soone). I am a mere shadow of my former self; the one draped in items I couldn't afford to keep up with the Jones's and who are the Jones's anyway.......no friend's of mine.

That is the latest here in PQ land.......Sam is doing well and we are all adjusting to being back in Casa Det. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and you know mama intends on burying her sorrows/stress in some mashed potatoes!


2 comments:

Opinionpig said...

I am very proud of you taking control of your finances. It is a huge milestone. It was a milestone for me too. You will feel free once all your debt is paid off. Keep it up and just think baby steps. WOO HOO, Dave Ramsey's TMMO!!

Julie said...

WE LOVE DAVE!!! It really works!! stick with it...it will change your life!! You go girl!!