Thursday, July 23, 2009

Times they are a changin'

I guess in more ways than one.....let's see where do I begin? Hmmmmm with the PK and the cat-let's start there.

Well for my 2+ readers you all know that we acquired a cat-I thought it was a girl and "she" had a pink collar and was FORBIDDEN in the house. Well after last Friday things have changed and fast-the cat is actually a boy-who knew? I had to take him to get fixed to figure that out, hence I have never had a cat before. And now the PK has really warmed up to the cat, Hobo; he has even been making appearances in the house. This was after no begging on my part; the PK just came in one night and put him in my lap and said "I thought you may want to pet him for awhile". Ever since then the cat has been hanging out with us in the night time and him and Sam are HILARIOUS-they play play play the entire time. OK enough on the cat-the PQ prevailed as we all knew I would ;)

On another note and not one that is very peppy-but on my mind and that's what this blog stuff is all about right-a diary for all the world to see?

My papa is not doing well-this man-I don't have the words for how much I love him and how important he is in my life, and always has been, since the day I was born-literally almost in granny and papa's living room :) you know me-impatient as ever. But anyways the PK and I are headed to Tulsa this weekend for a long over due trip to Tulsa for PK to meet the family and my #1 guy-papa. Its very important to me that they meet before life takes another turn......and by turn I don't mean in the good way. Well not for me or the family. Basically hospice has been called in to help granny several days a week; this doesn't mean that things are changing tomorrow but it definitely puts things in perspective and reality right in your face. All I really want is for him to be at peace and for him to not worry about us.

I have never had a loved one this close (when I have been old enough to realize what is going on) die before. My moms parent's passed and I loved them very much but I was young and didn't understand the magnitude of it or the loss my mom would feel. I can feel this in every inch of me-they say that you are prepared when you know it is coming but I don't think how much you know it is coming that you are prepared.......I am sad. Very sad; but happy that the most important man in my life will meet the other most important man in my life, and soon.

No comments: