Wednesday, April 15, 2009

PQ + PK Easter Update

Let's just say that Dallas was awesome! Now we kind of got off to a rough start; left Thursday night and got diverted off of I-35 on our way down due to some serious fires; turned around and drove back to Paul's Valley-went through the Taco Bell drive thru and we were rear ended while in line; then we had to go on a very LONG tour of SE Oklahoma as to miss traffic and fires in order to get to Dallas-we arrived at 12:30am, keep in mind we left at 7:30pm-I was worried this may be a sign of how the weekend would turn out-but I was wrong.....very very wrong...........

PK and I spent allot of time running around and hanging out as my step-dad was sick and my mom was working, but we made the most of it and had a really nice time away. We cooked and drank and cooked and drank some more-the very best kind of mini vacations. Well the matriarch and poppy were very pleased with PK and welcomed him with open arms-I believe that poppy said, and I quote "we are so happy that PQ is happy-if she ain't happy ain't nobody happy" and he is right:)

So really it was just a great time and I was sad to leave my mom......but we are headed back in a few weeks to pick up several IKEA purchases;) told you my PQ touch would be hitting the cabin soon!

This week is busy with work, friends, dinners and cupcakes-as I write this Jess is busy making Turkey cupcakes for PK's event he is hosting this weekend for terminally ill children-isn't he just great! and the cupcakes look AMAZING too-I am happily eating any and all of those that don't make the Jess (Martha) cut........

Hope you all had a happy Easter!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glas things went so well in the big D.

I am more happy that you and PK are doing so well. And shopping at IKEA makes me jealous!

As for the cupcakes, you might be eating a lot of them. We know how critical Jess is!
I know that they will turn out great though!

It is about time you blogged!!