Sunday, January 18, 2015

Acceptance.

One thing I have learned is that life is made up of a bunch of acceptance. Acceptance of friends, family, circumstances......yourself. Recently while in my "life coaching" (therapy) sessions I was told that I finally needed to come to terms with being single, solo, party of one. Meaning I needed to accept the fact that its where I was and had been in life and that longing for a partner was holding me back from moving forward or closer to a partner. I was also told that being single was temporary, to which I replied that 10+ years (with a few relationships here and there) didn't FEEL very temporary. Yes I know that circumstances can change, mine as well - that being single isn't FOREVER and sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the relationship fence. Its not that I have a fantasy of what a relationship is, and that there are many who aren't happy and WANT to be single or would rather be in my shoes; I just want someone to share a life with, tackle the obstacles in life with, someone that has my back the way only a man can (maybe this is giving the male species too much credit), taking out the trash here and there would be nice and most of all, not have to show up as the party of one (1) - continually.

I agree I could be a better, proactive participant in my own circumstances, or I better get ALOT better at accepting where I am. Single. On the couch. with two dogs. and a glass of wine. Which doesn't sound so bad either now that I think about it.........

No comments: