Monday, March 21, 2011

The "Hood"

I am convinced I live in it. I should have known when I bought my "potato pad" a year ago I was leery somewhat of the area, but my cute little house and all of its "home-i-ness" took me over and I never looked back......or to the east, west, or north of me.

Well now it is starting to show its true colors and needless to say I am not thrilled. Don't get me wrong I am not scared in my house in the least; but my neighbors are not so desirable. I swear I have a "don king" look alike living next door to me and she, yes she, is a woman. I think everyone is on crack in that house, and its confirmed by how many people come and go next door. There is a recluse that lives on the other side of me, and I have never, I mean never seen out of her house. She peers at me through her blinds. Then there is the alcoholic who lives across the street, and his wife works at a liquor store no less. I have never talked to him in my entire last year here; but he decided to make his way over to my house this past Friday, and in his best non-slurred speech, made an attempt to tell me that there were drug deals going on at the end of our street. I smiled and obliged him and sent him on his way.......

I don't know what is to come in the next 2 years, since that is my term here, but I am sure it will be an eventful one. As long as my car, the boys and my house are left alone all will be fine at the "pad".

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh that soooo sounds like our last house! Good thing is..crazy people are nice people- at least ours were! Hope it gets better...if not, enjoy the entertainment!