Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fried Potato.

(and no I am not talking about him, but he is pretty fried too)

That is all I have to say for what my state of mind is right now and in the last week. You see I have taken in a dog, and I not so coincidentally named him, Tator. He is a really sweet shitzu, but let's just say he is a little mental. Basically it was a friend of a friend of a friend email that found it's way to me and I couldn't let him go to Free To Live; his original owners gave him to another family and they decided not to keep him so he ended back up with me.

The only way I know how to paint a picture of his issues and demeanor as the days have gone, is that he has chewed through the metal crate that I was keeping him in during the day. Did I mention that he is only 14 pounds? So ya needless to say he has some things going on in that little noggin' of his.

Jess is standing by me, while the rest of the pack has called it quits and said I needed to find him another home, including Sam in his own doggie language - basically he keeps looking at me like "mom wtf?!". But I am not deterred; I am getting him neutered this Friday along with vaccines and hoping that may help his disposition some. I think it is safe to say that he was very neglected before he found his way to me, so I am hoping some TLC will do the trick as well. I am also hoping some TLC will do the PK some good as well and he will come back around to the "Tator Tot".

So that is the news on the home front.........fried potato and all.

No comments: